Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Paper headband tutorial


My daughter lives, breathes, and dreams art. Everyday objects in her hands are transformed into collages, tape-stabilized sculptures, hats... The other day a narrow roll of paper, initially just a medium for her pen drawings, made the jump to clothing via her busy hands and even busier imagination. I adored her paper rosebud headband.

She and my husband graciously put together this tutorial (Q & A style).

How did you make this craft?
I ripped it a couple times. Then, I twisted it. Tied it in two knots. And then I tied it around my head. You have to tie it a couple times. That’s all.

What type of person should do this project? Young/old? Boy/girl?
I think Kiara would like it.

How long did it take you?
Shorter than Henry’s awake.

What materials do you need?
Paper. Just rolls.

I'd better get creating - this girl is giving me a run for my money.

3 comments: