Monday, February 7, 2011

dangerous hobbies

My husband sporadically complains about my knitting. It's not that he doesn't like the results -- he's a hearty fan -- and it's not that he dislikes it as a hobby. No, the problem lies entirely in the needles.

They're hard to snuggle with.

Technically I'm banned from knitting in bed. And the couch has its own ground rules: I can knit with abandon all day while most of the crowd is at school, but when it's time to cuddle on the couch, I generally switch to a book (by choice, of course -- even for a knitting addict like me, snuggle time trumps knitting time. Hands down).

Have you got any dangerous hobbies?

3 comments:

  1. My sewing corner is in my bedroom so often I use the bed as a large drafting table. Every night (almost) my husband asks me to inspect the bed for possible pins - although, in my defense, we have never found any :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband jumped on this comment - he said that he ALWAYS finds pins on the floor (though I don't believe anyone has ever impaled their foot on one). But then I pointed out that he's never found one in our bed. Victory is mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! pins in bed. that's superb. I'm going to have to use that in my defense next time the "dangerous needles" comes up.

    oh wait. my sewing desk is right next to the bed, and we have found needles and pins on the floor before. and been impaled by them.

    best not to mention that, I think.

    ReplyDelete