Tuesday, February 22, 2011

ah, pinafores

Pinafores must be one of the most brilliant clothing inventions of all time. Does anyone out there despise changing out clothing as much as I do? It is something I dread every time my children reach a new size range. Thus any piece of clothing that can be worn far longer than typical children's clothes is instantly a favorite in our household. Pinafores are one such item.

I knitted this pinafore (I adore the creative patterns I find on knitty.com) in preparation for my oldest daughter's birth. I loved the bright colors and the pockets perfect for carting around tiny books.
This was early on in my knitting career and I hadn't yet grasped the importance of gauge, so it was, admittedly, a bit large on her. But the fact that my daughter, now four, can still wear it, as well as her two-year-old sister, is a modern day miracle to this busy mother.

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried a pinafore, but it would be thoroughly useful around here. Maybe some hybrid art smock/pinafore. hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete