Remember those socks that I started last winter? Well this past week I finally finished them. Socks, it turns out, really aren't as complicated or time consuming as I had anticipated. Sure, they took eight months to finish, but not eight full months. More like eight months of half an hour a week. Altogether, not too overwhelming at all.
Of course, the child whose feet they were fitted for eight months ago insisted on continuing to grow. Alas. Fortunately there is another child coming up the line with such long stringy feet that these socks should be in heavy use by this winter.
In celebration of one project off the needles, I immediately (enjoyed some dark chocolate and then) cast on another. We're still hovering in the high 90's these days, which means I should have plenty of time to get this sweater done for the baby before he grows beyond its limits.
And just in case it takes eight months, I am making it extra big.