Friday, July 1, 2011

a nod to Ireland

My parents are currently vacationing in Ireland. My daughter keeps mentioning the Irish money that they have promised to bring back for her. If it were her little sister talking, she'd be fixating on the Irish "bunnies" that she'd soon have. I'm not sure if she's attempting to say money or penny. No matter how much she calls it that, I'm still thrown every time she asks where her "bunny" is.

This is a scene I painted from my trip to Ireland (specifically the Cliffs of Moher) ten years ago. This is how I remember Ireland - rolling hills and a leisurely stroll through life.
Mom and Dad, make sure you enjoy the slow pace of Ireland. But don't forget the Irish bunnies.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely paintings. Jennie, you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jennie, for writing your beautiful blog. I'm so glad you put photos of the mosaic up!

    ReplyDelete