Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"e" is for embroidery

And Emma. And Emilie. The 5-year-old had a double birthday party to go to this weekend, so I made a couple of "e" skirts with a pocket.
Pockets are a must for little girls' skirts, don't you think? Mine always fill theirs with flowers, rocks and leaves. My 5-year-old even surprised me by having my keys in her pocket on Sunday. I (who did not have a pocket) had forgotten them on our pew in church. She kept them safely tucked away for the next few hours and miraculously produced them just as I was formulating a plan B for how to get us home. Yes, I am a firm believer in pockets.

For Emma and Emilie, we started them out with a treasure for their pockets. A little memo pad (great idea, Allyson), the cover decorated with magazine clippings, then Mod Podged.

No comments:

Post a Comment