Friday, April 20, 2012

art from strangers

I glanced sideways out of the corner of my eye. He seemed to be sketching my baby and I - the stranger alongside us at the counter. I tried not to appear too obvious as I held a bit more still. But then a request from one of my children had me on the move again.

A few minutes later the stranger smiled and handed me a simple sketch. A random act of kindness coupled with a random act of art.
For someone quite self-conscious of her own drawing abilities, this was an excellent lesson as to the delight that can ensue from the uninhibited sharing of talents.
 Like this one.

3 comments:

  1. What a kind thing to do! I would love it if someone did that for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool. seriously.

    that boy is getting so big. what a cutie -- sketched and in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Henry is so cute! How are you doing my friend? Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete