Thursday, October 20, 2011

venus de milo

Have I mentioned my incredibly crafty friend who can do everything? Two days before we packed up our moving van I spent the afternoon at her house getting wrapped in duct tape.

Months previously, she had promised me that she would help me make a dress form. I didn't quite make it back to my pre-pregnancy body, but it was close enough. She methodically wrapped me in two rolls of duct tape, cut a slit up the back, and sent me home with a dress form in need of stuffing. As our move was imminent, I decided to wait on finishing it.

Those who helped us unload our moving van were a group of people we had never met but who would comprise our new church congregation. I'll never forget the look on a 10-year-old's face when he dragged in the sunken, unfinished bodice and asked me where I wanted him to put it.

I finally got around to stuffing the dress form the other night and taping it closed. Can I tell you how excited I am? I'm counting on this being the key to remedying the dearth in clothes I've made for myself.

4 comments:

  1. I keep saying I'm going to make one too, but I just never get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome all finished and taped up. I look forward to seeing the amazing clothes you create for your self now that you have your very own form.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. seriously.

    ReplyDelete